Welcome to the UK Based Peer Support Network for Front Line Security Workers
from the publishers of ‘The Professional Security Officer Magazine!’
Launched on 1st August 2020, GoSIP is offering free 12 month membership to our security industry colleagues!
After the initial 12 months there will be a low annual fee of £12.75 P/A with no obligation to renew. This will help generate funds to meet our operating expenses. Colleagues in financial difficulties will continue to benefit from a reduced or free ongoing membership on a confidential case by case basis.
GoSIP (or GSIP) is brand new and as such is a work in progress. Our development plan is flexible and will take shape over time with input from our security industry colleagues!
Start small – grow big!
See the launch statement from GoSIP co-founder Rollo Davies which outlines our code...
GoSIP members will benefit from regular industry updates via notifications and a regular newsletter, blog posts, CPD, training and other opportunities.
Who can join?
Our main focus is to benefit UK based front-line security officers and admin/support staff, both SIA licensed and in-house colleagues. To move forward with our aims cross industry support will be needed. In order to help promote this cross industry support we will also be accepting applications from supervisors, managers, students on security related training courses, company owners, security commentators & journalists, account managers and industry suppliers. Although as a general rule we do not accept non-UK based applicants exceptions can be made for employees of UK based businesses or official international agencies such as embassies. Guild applications are accepted entirely at our discretion.
Although we offer different application routes the easiest way to apply remains to supply a valid SIA license number which is then checked against the SIA register of license holders at https://services.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/rolh
Members are not tied in and can leave at any time, no questions asked, by emailing us to let us know.
An important part of our work will be collating a directory of businesses and service providers who can offer incentives or discounted rates to GoSIP members that are not available elsewhere. At stage one (see below) we will be registering training providers offering CPD, professional and personal development training relevant to the UK security industry.
We will continue to develop our network and add additional member benefits as we grow!
Professional bodies/Trade Associations:
GoSIP will also be actively encouraging colleagues to explore the benefits of joining one or more of the professional associations and trade bodies.
The Security Commonwealth has a comprehensive list of member organisations and we strongly recommend their website for research https://securitycommonwealth.org - existing members of UK based Professional/Trade Bodies are accepted into Guild membership on a unilateral basis - you will be asked to provide a copy of your membership certificate when applying if you do not have an SIA license. Copies will not be retained once an application has been completed.
- First 12 months Free Membership to our security industry colleagues. There is no obligation to continue your membership. The renewal fee after the first 12 months will be £12.75 with a sliding scale for any colleagues in financial difficulties. This low annual fee will help generate funds towards our running costs
- All GoSIP members will benefit from their own personal profile page - you have the option of making this private so only logged in members can connect with you
- Registration of trainers providing incentivised or discounted CPD, professional and personal development opportunities to GoSIP members not available elsewhere. First 15 to register free for 12 months – normal registration rates are year one £47.50 then £17.50 P/A for years 2 & 3 followed by a review. These fees will go towards our running costs
- Free CPD training opportunities will be promoted to GoSIP members via our internal newsletter
- GoSIP members website package at substantial discounts. Get your own dedicated domain name with site setup and hosting for 12 months included – click here to learn more (Details will be released shortly)
At launch priority projects:
- Support the Security industry initiative to change perceptions of security officers in the public domain: https://www.bsia.co.uk/blogs/81/security-industry-to-reset-perceptions-o
- Raise concerns at Govt and Legislative levels about the unacceptable levels of violence and aggression that security staff regularly suffer in the course of their duties
By applying you confirm that you meet our criteria...